Support administrative decision making in centralized contact center
A centralized healthcare contact center for an employed physician group in an integrated healthcare delivery system
In addition to answering nearly 7,000 monthly customer inquiries, 5,000 of which were for scheduling services, the contact center had started providing additional services to clinics and specialties Call handle time had increased from 34 seconds to an average of 3:41 per phone call. The customer was seeking a solution to make scheduling provider appointments easier and more efficient for its agents.
Status:Go worked with the customer to create a customized decision-support rule-based tool, fully integrated with the organization’s existing Salesforce contact center platform, that facilitated the scheduling process for contact center agents. The tool included:
- Step-by-step questions to allow agents to quickly move through an on-screen scheduling process without having to rely on memory, paper notes, and spreadsheets
- An integration with the electronic health record that regularly updates the contact center platform with provider availability
- Appointment recommendations based on scheduling variables (speciality selection, clinic selection, provider selection, clinic hours, appointment type, provider schedules, and of course, patient preferences)
- Average handle time was reduced by 27 seconds three weeks after tool implementation and had decreased by 42 seconds at six months
- Average queue time decreased by 22 seconds following implementation
- Scheduling errors reduced from seven per 100 audited instances to 2.9 per 100 audited instances after six months of using the new system
- Agents were able to eliminate paper notes and spreadsheets as scheduling support devices
Let’s get started.
The first step: Getting on the phone to discuss your project.
We’ve helped every type of healthcare delivery organization execute on a variety of strategies.
Status:Go creates software for healthcare delivery providers to improve operations, execute strategies, and try new ideas.
We know healthcare delivery, Salesforce, and how to get things done.
© Status Go, Inc.